Green Curry Shrimp & Vermicelli Bowl
Pile on the servings of veggies with this beautiful noodle bowl. A simple green curry adds tons of rich flavors to the crisp and colorful veggies, and simple broiled shrimp.
- Makes 4 servings
- 24 large shrimp (peeled and deveined with tail on)
- 8 oz thin rice noodles (Vermicelli style)
- 8 cups mixed greens (or chopped romaine lettuce)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups jicama (chopped into matchsticks)
- ½ English cucumber, sliced into coins
- ½ cup salted, chopped cashews
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup prepared green curry or green curry-simmer sauce (or similar)
- 2 limes, halved
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent from sticking. Gently pat with paper towel to remove moisture.
- Heat oven to Hi Broil. Toss the shrimp with a small amount of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and broil 90 seconds to 2 minutes per side (until golden on the outside and just cooked through).
- Divide the greens or lettuce among 4 large bowls. Arrange the red and yellow bell peppers, jicama, and cucumber among the 4 bowls.
- Place one-quarter of the noodles, along with 6 shrimp on each bowl. Drizzle ¼ cup of the curry sauce over the shrimp and noodles.
- Scatter the cilantro and cashews over the top of the bowls for garnish.
- Serve each with ½ lime squeezed over the top.