Coconut Chia Pudding
Breakfast, snack, or dessert, this coconut chia pudding delivers. Chia seeds create a smooth and creamy pudding, contain healthy amounts of fiber, and expand in the stomach, leaving you feeling full and satisfied for hours. Fun, tropical toppings brighten up this dish, and possibly a cold winter day.
- Makes 2 large or 4 small pudding cups
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 TBSP coconut sugar or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 mango, diced
- ¼ cup (heaping) chopped, salted cashews
- ¼ cup (heaping) coconut flakes
- In a sealable plastic container or large mason jar, add the chia seeds, coconut milk, yogurt, sugar or syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Seal the container or jar tightly and shake for 20-30 seconds until the ingredients are well combined. Let sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight. The longer it sits, the more the chia seeds will expand to create a thicker, creamier pudding.
- Serve in individual containers with the mango, cashews and coconut flakes divided and arranged over the top.