BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad
A great way to use a rotisserie chicken to make a quick salad loaded with nutrient-dense carbohydrates, veggies, and flavor.
- Makes 4 servings
- 8-10 heaping cups mixed greens, romaine, or baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and chopped
- 2 cups yams or sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 1/3 cup corn*
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- *Try grilling 2-3 cobs corn for extra flavor
- In a bowl, toss the rotisserie chicken with ½ cup of the BBQ sauce.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the remaining ¼ cup BBQ sauce with the balsamic vinaigrette, and reserve this dressing.
- Use a large platter, or four dinner plates/bowls to arrange the salad.
- Toss the mixed greens and cilantro with a conservative amount of the dressing and place on the platter or plates/bowls.
- Arrange the remaining ingredients on top of the greens. If making individual plates, divide the greens into four portions. Scatter ½ cup chicken, ½ cup yams, 1/3 cup corn, ¼ cup black beans, and ¼ (each) of the diced red pepper and avocado, over each portion of the greens.
- Drizzle leftover dressing over the top of the salad if desired.