Roasted Fall Veggie Salad
This salad combines your favorite fall veggies in a simple preparation. A zesty lemon vinaigrette and tart pomegranate seeds create a bright contrast to the earthy roasted veggies.
- Makes 8 side size, or 4 meal size servings
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 cups (about 1 pound) Brussels sprouts, sliced diagonally
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets (about 3 heaping cups)
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 2 lemons
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- Extra olive oil, salt, and pepper for roasting veggies
- Fresh chopped Italian parsley, optional for garnish
*The preparation process is a bit lengthy but well worth it for the large batch this recipe makes!
- Prepare the veggies in batches. Heat oven to Hi Broil, with an oven rack on the top shelf. Prepare a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the butternut squash onto the baking sheet and toss with a conservative amount of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place under the broiler for 3 minutes. Toss the squash and place back under the broiler for 3 minutes. Remove squash into a large serving dish and spread out to cool.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts onto the baking sheet and toss with a conservative amount of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place under the broiler for 3 minutes. Toss the sprouts and place back under the broiler for 3 minutes. Repeat this step 1-2 more times until the sprouts are crisp and golden. Remove the sprouts from the dish with the squash.
- Move the oven rack to the middle shelf. Spread the cauliflower on the baking sheet and toss with a conservative amount of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place under the broiler for 5 minutes. Toss and place back under the broiler for 5 minutes. Repeat this step one more time, or until the cauliflower is golden and starts to soften. Add the cauliflower to the serving dish.
- Zest both lemons into a small bowl. Add the juice of both lemons along with the olive, honey and ½ tsp (each) salt and pepper to the bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Gently toss the dressing into the veggies while they are still warm. Then toss the pomegranate and pumpkin seeds into the veggies.
- Serve warm or chilled. Optional to sprinkle chopped parsley over the top.