Great little Italian Dish!
Makes large family size serving
- 16 ounces Israeli couscous*
- 8 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1-pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 8 oz fresh Ciliegine mozzarella (tiny balls), halved
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked pepper
*Pasta such as penne or orzo, farro, or quinoa may be substituted
- In a large, deep pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the couscous, salt, and pepper. Let the couscous toast until slightly golden, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes. Finish cooking according to the package instructions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of the oil, from the sun-dried tomatoes jar, with the balsamic vinegar.
- Add the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, yellow pepper, and red onion to the bowl toss with the dressing and let marinate while the couscous cooks.
- Once the couscous has finished cooking, add hot to the bowl and toss until well combined. Let sit for 20 minutes and then add the mozzarella and fresh basil. Recommended serving warm. Season with extra salt and pepper if necessary.