Herbed Cornmeal, Cranberry, Date Muffins
The second day of fall calls for a themed muffin. Fall apple shreds keep these earthy, herbed muffins moist, while cranberries and dates lend a pop of sweetness and texture.
- 2 ½ cups stoneground cornbread mix*
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 large apple, grated
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
*Look for a brand that is Organic and Non-GMO in your grocery health food section or specialty grocer (recommend Bob’s Red Mill)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, canola oil, egg, and apple.
- Stir in the cornbread mix. Then gently stir in the dates, cranberries, thyme and rosemary.
- Use a ¼ cup to scoop batter into the muffin tin, use extra batter to even out the batter in each tin.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes. Then use a butter knife to loosen edges and remove muffins onto a cooling rack.
Serving suggestions: Wrap in foil and pack as ride food, toast in a pan and serve with over easy egg on top, crumble into a pan with browned turkey sausage for a cornbread stuffing side.