Good Belly Bowl
This bowl will nourish you and leave your tummy feeling happy. Raw sauerkraut is becoming increasingly popular because of its strong probiotic powers. Paired with raw beets, which have been proven to benefit endurance athletes, sunflower sprouts, crunchy almonds, and tangy lime chicken, treat yourself to a bowl piled high with goodness.
- Serves 4
- 4-5oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 TBSP black sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cups raw sauerkraut
- 2 cups raw shredded beets
- 2 cups sunflower sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup almonds
- Lay the chicken flat on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Using a meat pounder, pound the chicken to ½-inch thickness.
- In a 9×9 inch baking dish or container, whisk together the lime juice, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Lay the chicken in the dish and let sit for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the grill to medium, prepare the quinoa, and prep the other ingredients.
- Grill the chicken 4-5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes. Spread the sesame seeds onto a plate and drag the chicken through the seeds on one side so it has a nice coating. Slice chicken on a diagonal.
- Toss the quinoa with the cilantro and divide into 4 bowls or storage containers. Place one chicken breast, ½ cup sauerkraut, ½ cup beets, ½ cup sunflower sprouts, ¼ cup carrots, and 1 TBSP almonds over each. Alternatively, serve family style on a platter. S
- Serve with your favorite salad dressing or drizzle with fresh lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper.