Curry Chicken Bowl
Here’s a great way to use a rotisserie chicken to make a flavorful meal in less than 30 minutes. Customize the dish by adding the extra veggies from your CSA box or produce drawer and serve over rice, quinoa, or potatoes.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, all meat removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
- 2 large carrots, diced
- ¼ cup celery or fennel, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 heaping tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup dates pits removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay works well)
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- In a large pot or Dutch/French oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the carrots, fennel or celery, and onion and sauté for 5 minutes until golden and softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for one minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the curry powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg and sauté another minute.
- Add the chicken to the pot and toss until coated with the garlic, ginger, and spices.
- Add the tomatoes, dates, and white wine and stir to combine, breaking up the dates with a wooden spoon.
- Cover and let cook on medium-low for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the almonds and cilantro over the top before serving.