Chicken Sausage, Broccoli & Quinoa Bowl
Looking for a quick dinner or lunch hookup? Look no further. This recipe is packed with all the nutrition you need to keep your appetite satisfied and energy high. Plus, it makes four large servings that can be made ahead of time, so you have meals ready to go during your busy week.
- 4 precooked chicken sausages, sliced
- 6 cups broccoli florets (about one large head broccoli)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large apple, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 8 heaping cups spinach
- balsamic vinaigrette
- Heat oven to Hi-Broil and place oven rack on top shelf. Prepare a large and small baking sheet with foil and non-stick cooking spray.
- On the large sheet, toss the broccoli with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the chicken sausage slices on the small sheet.
- Place the broccoli on the top shelf and let broil for 8-10 minutes, tossing every couple of minutes, until all sides are dark golden. Remove from oven and let rest.
- Place the chicken sausages on the top shelf and let broil 2-3 minutes per side until a golden crust forms. Remove from oven and let rest.
- In a large bowl, toss quinoa, apple, cilantro and spinach with a conservative amount of your favorite balsamic vinaigrette.
* If making ahead of time, reserve the vinaigrette until right before serving, so the spinach doesn’t get soggy.
- Gently toss the broccoli into the quinoa spinach mixture.
- Divide this mixture into four bowls or storage containers and place one sliced chicken sausage over each.