Burrata, Grilled Persimmons & Marinated Figs
This beautiful cheese tray is perfect for holiday entertaining or your Christmas day feast. Grilled persimmons serve as a makeshift cracker, and balsamic and red wine marinated figs add a deep flavor ideal for pairing with this creamy cheese. Savory toasted walnuts bring a nice texture to round everything out. Follow these easy steps below and wow any crowd.
- Two (4 oz) burrata balls
- 2 Fuyu persimmons
- 2 cups dried figs, halved
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSP maple syrup or brown sugar
- 8 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups of small crackers
- Step One- Marinate the figs.
- In a small pot over medium heat add the red wine, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup. Let simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Cut the figs in half (vertically) and place in a large heat-proof bowl. Pour the red wine and balsamic vinegar over the figs and let marinate for 30 minutes (until cooled), or up to overnight in the fridge.
- Step Two- Grill the persimmons.
- Heat grill to medium. Remove the stems from the persimmons, wash, and cut into thin slices (horizontally).
- Remove the thyme leaves from 4 of the sprigs. Toss the slices with the thyme leaves, olive oil, ¼ tsp of the salt and the pepper.
- Grill for about 1 ½ to 2 minutes per side, until there are light grill marks. Keep some of the texture in the persimmons. Remove to a plate and let cool.
- Step Three- Toast the walnuts.
- Spread the walnuts onto a small baking sheet and toast at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes, tossing half way through.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the remaining salt and let cool.
- Arrange the ingredients on a platter.
- Use the picture to arrange the ingredients. Pour any of the extra marinating liquid over the burrata.
- Use the remaining four sprigs of thyme for garnish.