This salmon recipe looks and tastes gourmet but is shockingly simple to prepare. Lending big health benefits from the salmon, containing essential omega 3-s which help decrease inflammation, and from blueberries, which are potent antioxidants that specifically strengthen the cardiovascular system, this recipe is a win-win. Try serving with Summery Peach Couscous, tossed with baby spinach (as pictured) LINK HERE:
- 4 salmon fillets (5-6 oz each), with skin on
- ½ TBSP olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1-pint blueberries, rinsed
- ¼ cup red wine (recommend pinot noir)
- Juice of one large lemon
- Juice of one large orange
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over high heat. Rub salmon with the olive oil and ½ tsp (each) salt and pepper.
- Place salmon fillets, skin side up, in the skillet and sear for one minute. Flip salmon over and place in oven for 5-8 minutes, until salmon is just underdone in the middle (depends on the thickness of filets). Remove from oven and place salmon on a plate (the salmon will continue to cook through, this method prevents overcooking).
- While salmon is cooking, place another skillet over medium heat. Add the blueberries wine, lemon, orange and 1/8 tsp salt to the skillet and let cook down, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has absorbed and the mixture is slightly thick.
- Spoon an equal amount of blueberry sauce over each of the salmon filets before serving.