Blueberry Pancake Bake
Craving pancakes for breakfast but don’t have time to stand around and flip them? This simple method of baking creates one light and fluffy cake, ready to cut, eat and go. Plus, the addition of almond flour adds a touch of extra protein to help sustain you through the morning.
- 1 ½ cups multigrain pancake mix
- ½ cup almond flour/meal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 ¼ cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 10-inch (round) oven-safe skillet with non-stick cooking spray (recommend coconut oil spray).
- In a bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, almond flour, and cinnamon. Toss in the frozen blueberries until coated with the mixture (this prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the pan).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, egg, egg white, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients and blueberries.
- Heat the skillet over high heat. Pour the mixture into the skillet and let cook for one minute, allowing a crust to form on the bottom and around the sides.
- Remove the skillet and place in the oven. Let bake 15 minutes. Switch oven to Hi Broil for 60-90 seconds to let a golden brown crust form on the top. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn. This step can be skipped, if the crust isn’t desired.
- Remove from oven and enjoy immediately. Leftovers can be wrapped in foil and stored in the fridge.