Almond Flour Waffles
Made in part with almond flour, these waffles are loaded with protein and a sweet, nutty flavor, plus a bit of texture from whole oats. They are sure to become a staple on your breakfast menu and will keep you going during a long training sesh. Try making them ahead of time, then store in the fridge, and toast to reheat and go.
- ¾ cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- ¾ cup almond flour/meal
- ½ cup whole oats (use gluten-free if desired)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 2 TBSP canola or coconut oil
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Heat waffle iron while preparing the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Pour onto waffle iron and cook according to your specific waffle iron. Times and sizes may vary depending on a waffle iron and batter used. The recipe makes 2-4 waffles.